The public relations firms that are members of the Alliance are committed to:
- ensuring that the discipline of public relations is their primary business activity.
- promoting and applying the highest standards of quality in their firm and in their professional and commercial practice.
- providing professional services and carrying out assignments with respect for accuracy, truth and integrity, for the benefit of their clients and the general public.
- at all times, ensuring the strictest confidentiality of information and sources, except in cases where they are compelled to disclose this information by court order.
- respecting their duties and their professional and contractual obligations by avoiding situations that place their company or their employees in a conflict of interest and, when applicable, disclosing the existence of or potential for conflict of interest.
- obtaining their client’s authorization before profiting (financially or otherwise) from information obtained in the course of carrying out an assignment for the client or arising from the client’s business affairs.
- not soliciting or offering their professional services using information they know to be false or misleading.
- not tarnishing the reputation of a competing firm.
- not making deliberate use of information they know to be false with the goal of misleading the media for their client’s benefit.
- the Alliance’s member firms are also committed to examining all of their procedures and services to ensure that they comply with the standards for quality and ethics that the Alliance will have adopted by its members.